We seek to worship God and share the love of Jesus through serving the community
St James Church was built in 1850/51 at a cost of £3,670
It was designed to represent a cross,
in the early decorated style, with a chancel and nave, without aisles, terminated at the west end and by a handsome bell turret, crowned by a small spire.
It was originally known as the Parish of Ogley Hay but was changed to reflect the growth of the town.
It is a parish of 13.000 people set at the heart of a triangle bounded by Walsall, Lichfield and Cannock.
By John Mainwaring